For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, the Data collector is Love Actually Charity.
Who we are
We’re a charity registered in Ireland with the charitable cause to help children with special needs.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you visit or use our website (e.g.www.loveactuallycharity.ie) we may collect or ask you to provide us with some details about yourself.
This information may include:
- Your name – so we know who you are;
- Email address – so we can email you about your account, events you might have registered, volunteer opportunities you might have applied, sponsorship and collaboration you might have proposed, newsletters and upcoming events promotion that you might have subscribed, etc. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at email@example.com;
- Mobile telephone/other contact telephone number – so that we can speak to you over the phone (if necessary) in relation to your account or events you might have registered, volunteer opportunities you might have applied, sponsorship and collaboration you might have proposed, newsletters and upcoming events promotion that you might have subscribed, etc.
- Credit card/debit card or other payment details – we will only ask for these if you donate to us, to allow us to take payment for your donation. We use an accredited third-party payment processing provider to process payments for donation and we do not store your card details on our servers;
- Your contact and marketing preferences – so we can make sure that you only get the information that you want from us, in the way that you want it;
- If you create an account with us through our website, further details including your password and account preferences – to keep your account secure and enable us to give you the services that you want, the way you want them.
- Information necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations;
- When you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites – so that we can interact with our fans!
- Technical information about the device which you are using to access our website– to help us provide you with the best service we can through our website;
- Any other information you may voluntarily provide to us;
What do we do with your information
We may need to use your information:
- To respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
- To administer your account if you have registered with us;
- For research purposes (including anonymization of your personal information for statistical analysis);
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. in connection with a fraud prevention scheme, court order, government investigation, or when otherwise required by law).
Who do we share your information with
We may need to share your information with carefully chosen third parties. These may include:
- Agencies who help us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations or to carry out background checks for the purposes of processing payments (e.g. credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies and fraud prevention and detection agencies);
- Payment processing providers that we use to take payment for donation;
- Data analysts and research companies who help to give us an insight into how we can better serve you and all of our other customers.
Retention of your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our service.
If you are registered with an Account and your personal details change, you may update them by accessing your profile on the Website. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us using the details set out below.
Right to Access:
Under GDPR, you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we stored in electronic format is free of charge. Also, you can email to each branch if you want to know where and for what purpose your personal data being used.
Right to Forgotten:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
You have the right to transmit any personal data that you previously requested from us to another controller after you made acknowledgement to us.
How do we protect the security of your personal information
We take the security of our customers’ information very seriously and we use appropriate measures to store all of the personal information that we have collected in a secure, controlled environment to prevent unauthorized access.
You are also responsible for keeping any account you have with us secure, so where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of our websites or apps, it is important that you keep that password confidential, so please do not hesitate to share it with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Because of this, although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our sites. So when you submit your personal information through our websites or apps, this is at your own risk.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.